Welcome to my Website!
Mrs. Cynthia Warren-Harris
Athletics and Physical Education
Girls Athletic Coordinator
12:30 - 2:30 Gold
11:00 - 1:00 Purple
(936)709-7400 Main Office
(936)709-7423 Coaches Office
Please be aware that we will no longer have early morning practice for the girls Volleyball or Basketball teams. Practice will be held afterschool for both 7th and 8th grade girls!
7th and 8th Girls Athletics
Girls Athletic Coordinator
We, the coaches at BTW, would like to take this time to welcome you to the world of sanctioned competitive athletics on the junior high level. We are here to help teach and instill discipline, commitment, dedication and team unity/spirit in your children. In order for us to get started and begin our programs, there are several things that we need from you and your child. Those things are:
1. a physical examination that has to be completed by a doctor
2. a copy of your child's birth certificate if not already on file with the counselor's office
3. proof of medical insurance (Aetna, CHIPS, Medicare/Medicade, etc.)
4. a one-time $20.00 Athletic fee for the school year
5. the Athletic Rules sheet read, signed and returned
The following extra-curricular sports are offered for both 7th and 8th grade girls through the Athletic class:
Tennis, golf and soccer are offered but not in the Athletic classs.
Volleyball practices are as follows:
7th grade girls - 2:30 - 4:00 on purple days and from 4:00 pm- 5:15 pm everyday.
8th grade girls - 2:30 - 400 on gold days and from 4:00 - 5:15 pm everyday.
There will be no early morning Athletic practice unless it is a special practice called for by the coach.
Basketball season will begin in November for both 7th and 8th grade girls.
Practice time will be the same as Volleyball season for both 7th and 8th grade girls.
Track practice for both 7th and 8th grade girls begin in February and is from 4:00 - 5:15 daily.
1. You must meet all U. I. L. requirements for participation, as well as standards set forth by C.I.S.D. to be eligible.
2. The use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco will result in dismissal from the team.
3. Athletes are to be neat and well groomed.
4. Players are expected to be on time to all practices and games, wearing school issued clothing. It is important to be on time and prepared.
Players who must miss practice due to illness or emergency must notify their coach. Excessive absences could result in the suspension or dismissal from the team.
5. Conduct in class as well as at other school activities will be monitored and players are expected to be leaders in this area as well.
Conduct problems will be addressed and dealt with by the coaches in the form of counseling, extra work and/or punishment.
6. Players are responsible for all equipment issued to them. They are also to respect other players equipment and property. Stealing will not be tolerated.
7. Disrespect for coaches, officials or school personnel will not be tolerated.
8. Fighting or inappropriate contact is not allowed.
9. The coaching staff will make the final decision on whether an individual will be allowed to become the member of a team.
10. Please understand that once you are placed on a team you are not allowed to quit and go to the next sport unless you have a valid reason.
If a student removes herself (or quits) from a team, then she is not allowed to go to the next sport.
You will be removed from the Athletic class as soon as possible. Quitting is not tolerated, nor is it encouraged.
Mrs. Cynthia Warren-Harris
7th and 8th Physical Education
1 Gold 8:45 - 10:20 Physical Education
2 Gold 11:00 - 12:30 Physical Education
1 Purple 11:00 - 12:30 Physical Education
3 Purple 1:00 - 2:30 Physical Education
PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT RULES
Physical Education uniforms can be purchased on-line on the CISD Washington webpage or from your teacher for $20.00 cash or checks payable to Booker T. Washington JHS.
The unisex uniform consist of black shorts and a heather grey T-shirt.
Student may bring their own black shorts and grey or white T-shirt from home. Students must provide their own socks and shoes.
Lockers, locks and towels will be provided by BTW.
Students will be given 9 school calendar days to obtain a uniform and will begin dressing for class on Tuesday , September 9th and Wednesday, September 10th.
1. The student will dress daily for class in full class uniform. Dressing is not optional, it is mandatory !
The students will be given a uniform to wear for the day if he/she forgets to bring their own.
After the third time of not bringing their uniform to class, the students are given a referral to the A.P.'s office or referred to TIPS.
2. Absolutely no eating or gum chewing in class.
3. Absolutely no horseplay before class begins.
4. Boys will not be permitted in class without shirts on.
5. Shirts must be tucked in and shorts will be worn around the waist. "Sagging" will not be permitted.
6. No excuses for not dressing in uniform for class. A written excuse from your parent(s) will allow you to not participate due to illness or injury.
That note must include a telephone number where they can be reached during school hours. That note is good for two class days afterwards you must have a statement from a doctor that includes the length of time you are to be excused.
7. Refrain from littering the gyms.
8. Lock your personal items in your locker. You are responsible for your personal belongings.
9. Your unifrom is to washed at your discretion.
10. Respect your classmates and your teacher. Our policy is to get along with everyone.
The Physical Education classes will cover a number of games and sports during the course of the year. The first semester the students will be involved in Badminton, Pickleball, Soccer, Floor Hockey, and Volleyball. Students are given a skills and written test at the end of each unit. Participation is required daily of every student and counts for the largest portion of their grade in the class. The students will dress, exercise and walk/run a mile daily for class before beginning any game or sport. Students are given 15 minutes before class to change into uniforms and 15 minutes at the end of class to shower and change into school clothes before going to their next class.